Im going to keep this short and sweet especially since I’m late to posting my playlist up.
PREVIEW FOR NEXT MONTH:
Like last month; 28 days means I picked 28 songs (total of 89 in my playlist for this month…music was a little rough to find) that summed up my mood, feelings, and memories with February 2018. 🙂 Per usual, clicking the title will open the song in a new tab! ❤ Share your playlists/favorite songs down below!!!
- Little Doubts (feat. Aviella) by Spirit (Dance/Electronic)- I have been a fan of Aviella’s voice for a while! Spirix is a newer artist for me; but hey have good vocals, and a nice drop, and I’m in!
- Iron & Steel by Quinn XCII (Pop)- I can’t remember if this was in my January playlist… but QUINN XCII (pronounced Quinn 92) is an incredible artist and writer!!! (Also him and his newly wed wife are adorable) This song talks about when you end something of significance…and talking about the remorse afterwards.
- Pray for Me by The Weeknd, Kendrick Lamar (Hip-Hop/Rap)- OKAY OKAY OKAY. First of all – and I won’t digress: IF you haven’t seen Black Panther, you need to…like yesterday….and take me with you. The movie itself I feel woke the power and strength in not just minorities, or females, but EVERYONE. Especially since Black Panther is a strong and powerful ruler yet also humble, down to earth, gentle and caring. I feel that its both rare and important to have both sides. Obviously I’m also a Weeknd fan (his VOCALS! God damn) and Kendrick Lamar fan (birthday twin whaddup) so this song is GOLD for me.
- Home With You by Madison Beer (Pop) – First of all Madison Beer is a woman crush and a half. She is such a mood and the fact that she’s talented and absolutely intelligent is just wow a vibe. This song is a bop. Especially describes the lack of effort guys put out nowadays. Especially with dating apps, I feel like online interactions dehumanizes the other party a lot. We say and do things we wouldn’t do or say had we met someone in person. It’s a shame bc who wants to date their phone?
- Crazy by MAALA (Alt/Indie) – This was a song that was suggested to be my some algorithm. And I love it. It’s chill vibes, and describes that feeling where you meet someone so incredible you’re taken aback, and you feel that you don’t deserve it, and maybe sometimes push them away and convince yourself that you were “cRaZy” and that there’s no way in hell they actualllllly like you. but trust. they do. hehe.
- Anybody Else (Win and Woo Remix) (Pop) by JP Saxe and Win and Woo – LOVE his vocals! Feel free to check out the original. Describes those feelings you have knowing you like someone and could see something with them but … you’re not ready to make that jump with them. And deep down you know they’re on Chapter 10 of your love story and you’re barely reading the title.
- Rearrange by Ella Vos – Okay everyone freaked out asking what song this was when I shared it on my Insta Story. & I’m with them. This song is amazing, big a long time fan of Ella Vos’s vocals… (Check out White Noise), this original song of hers is so raw and vulnerable. Really hits home when it describes someone trying to improve and better themselves and change positively for this other person/their SO that means a lot to them but after everything they realize maybe that SO/other person needs to be the one to “rearrange”.
- Because He Lives (Amen) by Matt Maher (Christian/Gospel) – Definition of an oldie but a goodie. I don’t talk about my faith that much because my relationship with my faith has been something I hold very sacred and very close to my heart. I feel sometimes from the outside I’m not “Christian enough” for some, and for others I’m “too Christian”. But February had me going through some rough moments…and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for some situations is hard. This song came on randomly one night I needed it driving and it reminded me to have hope, strength, love, and think positively and being grateful for all I do have. IM ALIVE IM ALIVE BECAUSE HE LIVES
- The Comeback by Danny Gokey (Christian/Gospel…but really it’s not religious…it’s more Pop) – Another oldie but goodie 🙂 Like I’ve said, your COMEBACK will alwayyyysss be greater than any of your SETBACKS! If you’re going thru a tough time, or need reassurance. Listen to this. Life’s tough, but you’re tougher.
- You’re Not Missing Me by Chelsea Cutler (Pop/Electronic) – Been a long time fan of Chelsea’s for the longest (since I heard Your Shirt come on at my dance class and I cried internally) Chelsea is incredibly talented. She writes and self produces all of her songs. I am so excited to be seeing her open for Quinn XCII later this month! FOR ME, this song represents someone who wears their heart on their sleeve that is so cautious and confused with their SO. That feeling that we feel that they don’t care about us as much as we do about them. Sometimes it’s the anxiety that claws away out of us that not only tears us down, but our relationship.
- Cool (feat Marc E Bassy & Gucci Mane) by Felix Jeahn (Tropical House/Pop/Electronic/Rap) K. Marc. Gucci?! FELIX!!! All the baes, SLAYED it in this bop. Have you ever known someone for a long time that suddenly they come back and in one conversation you don’t recognize the cold/shadiness they’re throwing at you? Like they too cool or some shit…. NUH NUH “HMU WHEN YOURE OVER BEING COOOOOooooooL”
- The Wave by R3hab feat. Lia Marie Johnson(Electronic/Pop), I actually remember in high school watching Lia’s videos and then meeting her at a party a year ago. Been a long time fan of R3hab for a while too. This song’s really chill vibes, just all about going with the flow 🙂
- Always (Spectrumix Remix) by The Him (House) Describes knowing someone so well….and you’ll always have a special place for them in your heart….and fantasizing that one day the perfect timing for you two will come to fruition .. like the old days.
- Out of Focus by Chelsea Cutler (Pop) – Wow. 14 happens to be my favorite number. Also just so happened to land on this song. I absolutely LOVE this song. Probably as much as I love Your Shirt. “It’s my fault if we go down, but I’m taking you with me” This song comes from her heart. I remember hearing this song in its early stages when Chelsea was just mixing the beats, and playing around the vocals. Shows the side that you realize someone isn’t meant for you but seeing them go out of focus isn’t easy for either side.
- Young by CVBZ (Pop) – If you didn’t know I love CVBZ..well know you do (pronounced Cubs like bear cubs). He’s so down to earth! He wrote this track for the Chaim-hoe-kers for their album, Memories….Do Not Open, and ofc like anything they didn’t really give him that much credit for it. (Also check out Feels Great that CVBZ is on with Fetty Wap) I’m so glad he posted this version. It’s so special hearing any song sung and performed by the original artist…. gives you a unique view of the song.
- What the Hell Happened to Us by Quinn XCII & Kailee Morgue (Pop) I loved this song from Quinn XCII as well! Talks about how you had that cinematic romance attraction but then it fleeted in the next moment.
- Broken by lovelytheband(Alternative/Indie) I LOVE THIS SONG YOU GUYS!!!!!!! THIS SONG IS !! EVERYTHING !! It literally describes !! ME !! all the time. like friends. boys. everything. When people are so perfect it scares me….but I meet someone who’s trash on the inside, and im like….hi i love you
- Like I Do by David Guetta, Martin Garrix, Brooks My man is out here killing :’) Everyone knows I’m in love with same initialed, same age, saw him as I turned 21, Martin Garrix (I’ll wait for him to be single again). This song is a ! BOP ! BANGER ! ALL OF THE ABOVE! He/I mean anyone…truly won’t find them someone who’d love them….*ahem* Like I DO.
- Psycho by Post Malone ft Ty Dolla $ign Even if you don’t like Post you gotta admit this is an amazing song. :’)
- Wolves (Owen Norton Remix) by Selena Gomez & Marshmello (Electronic/Pop) Old song, but NEW Remix. Really did what Marshmello should’ve done. Gives you those late night vibes of when you’re longing/craving someone and you just want to be with them.
- Vincent by Ellie Goulding (Pop) I love this song :’) Everyone knows I have a super strong and tight relationship with my youngest brother, Vincy. And Ellie has always been highly worshipped by me. Long time fan. This song surprisingly describes my relationship with Vincent so so so perfectly. And what a surprise that this song shares his special and sweet name. ❤ (Note: This is a cover of Don McLean’s original song)
- P E A C E by Hillsong Young & Free (Christian/Gospel) – Chill Vibes 🙂 Puts you in a happy, serene, calm mood
- Out of my Mind (feat. Riley Clemmons) by Tritonal Describes that moment where you feel insane, out of your mind, when you like someboddyyyy
- Bed of Roses (feat. Stanaj) by Afrojack (Dance/Electronic) Love the beat! Vocals! Love this. Especially had to add a rose song, in February’s playlist
- The Girl That’s Underneath (feat. Jabbar Hakeem) by Jake Miller – I’m excited Jake finally put a new song out!! Love it! 🙂
- Hangover Love by Kap Slap (Dance/Electronic) – finally…bc drunk in love? what about the aftermath…
- Clothes Off by Amiigos – OLDIE but newly discovered for me.. I’ve always loved the original song, so Amiigos’ version/take on this makes it super upbeat!
- This is How We Do It (feat. Audien) by Party Pupils – And to end this: THIS FEEL GOOD SONG REMAKE! If you didn’t know, Max Schneider (Lights Down Low??) is part of the duo producer group that is Party Pupils! Absolutely amazing, especially since they teamed up with Audien! Love this love them. Super talented.
WOW WOW WOW
CANT BELIEVE I FINALLY FINISHED. Woke up from a nap and cranked this out in 2 hours. Welp. Back to bed it is everyone. Thanks for reading!!!